Come join a spirited firm that is producing some of the highest profile design projects in the state. A small company on the move, we are being aggressive in our growth objectives.
Ervin Architecture is Seeking an Experienced Architect to Lead Our Architecture Studio.
We are an innovative architecture firm specializing in Entertainment and Hospitality design. With a strong commitment to creativity and excellence, we have established a reputation for delivering unique and immersive experiences for our clients. Our collaborative team designs extraordinary spaces that captivate and inspire. As we continue to grow and expand our presence, we are seeking a dynamic and experienced Studio Lead Architect to join our team in Maine.
This Studio Leader will be required to help grow our commercial hospitality and entertainment sectors through design leadership that sets our design solutions above the rest of the industry. This will require the Studio Leader to be an effective team leader that is comfortable coordinating productive relationships with staff members, clients, and subcontractors that deliver optimal results for our clients while fostering and nurturing our growing regional and national reputation. As Studio Leader, the successful candidate will lead and develop talent in this growing architectural practice, encouraging and promoting a culture of innovation and design excellence. Our Architecture team plays an important role in our mission and under the leadership of the Studio Leader Architect, their growth will continue to grow across the multi-disciplined sectors we serve.
As the Studio Lead Architect, you will play a crucial role in overseeing the architectural design and development process for our projects in the Entertainment and Hospitality sector. You will be responsible for leading a team of architects, designers, and technical staff, providing guidance and mentorship throughout all stages of project delivery. In collaboration with the project management team, you will ensure the successful execution of projects, meeting client expectations, and maintaining the high design standards of our firm.
- Collaborate with industry leaders in Market Development, Business Growth, and Marketing to develop cutting-edge marketing strategies that drive architectural opportunities, fueling growth and fostering innovation in the field.
- Foster and nurture strong relationships and effective communication channels with existing and prospective clients, teaming partners, and stakeholders.
- Harness the talent and expertise within our multidisciplinary environment to identify strategic advantages and leverage opportunities for the growth and expansion of our architectural presence.
- Oversee all operational aspects, including production, staff development, profitability, and quality control, to ensure the successful delivery of our architectural projects.
- Assume the role of Project Manager for select high-profile projects, taking responsibility for the efficient management and coordination of project work across the team.
- Lead the entire architectural design process, from initial concept to final completion, ensuring strict adherence to project scope, budgetary constraints, and timeline requirements.
- Manage and provide mentorship to a team of architects, designers, and technical staff, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment that promotes professional growth and excellence.
- Collaborate closely with clients, understanding their needs, and translating them into creative and functional design solutions.
- Develop and review architectural plans, drawings, and specifications, ensuring compliance with building codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders, including consultants, contractors, and suppliers, to facilitate effective project delivery.
- Conduct regular site visits to monitor progress, address design challenges, and provide technical support to the project team.
- Stay updated with the latest trends, technologies, and best practices in Entertainment and Hospitality design, incorporating innovative ideas into projects.
- Assist in business development activities, including client presentations, proposal writing, and networking events, to support the growth of the firm.
- Uphold the firm’s core values of excellence, creativity, and integrity in all aspects of work.
- Professional degree in Architecture and a valid architectural license.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in architectural design, with a focus on Entertainment and Hospitality projects preferred.
- Proven track record of leading successful projects from concept to completion, demonstrating a high level of design proficiency and technical expertise.
- A minimum of 2 years of leadership and management experience, with a strong ability to inspire and motivate a team towards achieving project goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively interact with clients, stakeholders, and team members.
- Proficiency in Revit and Adobe Creative Suite.
- In-depth knowledge of building codes, regulations, and industry standards relevant to Entertainment and Hospitality design.
- A keen eye for detail, aesthetics, and spatial design, with a passion for creating exceptional experiences through architecture.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize workload, and work effectively under pressure to meet project deadlines.
- Willingness to travel occasionally for client meetings and site visits.
How to Apply
If you are a talented and motivated architect with a passion for Entertainment and Hospitality design, as well as a talent for managing people, we invite you to join our dynamic team as a Studio Lead Architect. Please submit your resume, portfolio, and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you would be a great fit for our firm. We look forward to reviewing your application and exploring the possibility of working together to shape extraordinary spaces.
Note: All applications will be treated confidentially.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Portland, ME 04101